Monday, June 3, 2013

Disneyland 1/2 Marathon

As I have mentioned in the past, I will be running the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon September 1st. The race is only 87 days away!!! I am really excited to run this race. I will be running it with my mom and sister. As a family, we are big Disney fans. We all have annual passes to the park and can often be found on a random Tuesday night at Disneyland.

I have ran a RunDisney event in the past and had a blast. It is the most fun I have had running. The races normally sell out with in the first 48 hours of being on sale, so you have to commit to the race months in advance. I have been telling myself that I am going to train for this race to try and improve my time of 2hrs and 8mins, but I haven't been running at all. The race is now 12 weeks away and I am ready to commit to a training plan. I have sat down and put my training schedule down on a calender. I have my running shoes and I am ready to go.

I will get a photo just like this. At least with one Princess!

Yesterday, my sister and I decided we would go on a quick 3 mile run. No problem right? A piece of cake? WRONG. It was not that great. We were only able to run 2 miles and my pace was just under a 10 minute mile. We will need to improve that pace if I want to beat my PR for the 1/2 marathon. Mondays and Fridays are my rest days. So today, I will be going to Zumba, but tomorrow I will have my first official run of my training. I will be running 3 miles. I know that I can do it, my times might not be that great, but I will complete the 3 miles. I really don't start enjoying running until mile 4 or 5. The first 3 are the most difficult. I think it's because I am not a natural running. I do enjoy running, but it is something that I have to work at to maintain. Hopefully the next 12 weeks will be just what I need to beat my personal record!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...