Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Weekend Update

Its been awhile since I have posted a weekend update, so why not post it... a day late. I have been having such a great time the past few weekends, so here is a quick highlight of what has been going on. 

Thursday:
This past weekend started off on a bad note, I was all set to go to my horse back riding lesson (can't wait to update you on this) and my lesson got canceled because of hail.... in May! really Colorado. I was all dressed and ready to go and my trainer called me to tell me that it was snowing at the stables. 

Friday:
On Friday I picked up an overtime shift at work, we are super busy and very short staffed. I have been working over 50 hrs a week. After my overtime shift Joe and I headed out to Grand Junction and went camping. We had so much fun and enjoyed every minute of it. Joe has been wanting to get out and enjoy the outdoors here in Colorado, but it has been really cold the last few months. But this past Friday it was beautiful...like shorts and a t-shirt beautiful. We had a long 5 hour drive through the mountains, but the views were stunning.  
View from our Camp Site
We arrived at our camp site  kind of late and set up our tent just before the sun set. We stayed at a really nice camp site right on the Colorado River. I started a fire and Joe surprised me with everything I needed for s'mores! We hung out by the fire and just relaxed. Later that night we snuggled in our tent and watched Brave on my iPad. It was the perfect night! 


Saturday:
We unfortunately had to wake up around 8am to pack up all of our stuff and go to a 5K. Joe and I ran in the Insane Inflatable 5K ! This 5K was filled with 11 inflatable obstacles everything from a huge jumper, a maze, and giant slides. We had a blast and I even came in as the first for women in my heat!! Joe kept my motivated and stayed by my side and we finished the race tougher. He came in 3rd and I was 4th over all in our heat! Even though it was a fun run I will take the WIN! 

After the race we headed back to Denver to get our annual pass to Elitch Gardens and even got to ride a few rides. Although Elitch is nothing compared to Dineyland, I hope it will be something nice to do when we can't think of anything to do and at $69 for the entire year it is well worth it! 

Even though the weekend started out not that great we were able to fit in a ton of fun things and I enjoyed my make-up and worry free weekend! Next week we are headed to NY to visit with Joe's parents and I also get to go to my good friend Brittany's Bachelorette party!

Do you like to camp?
What was the best race you have ever ran?




                                                  Follow Me: BlogLovin / Twitter Instagram




2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fantastic time. That inflatable run looks like so much fun. Congrats on your win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like so much fun well minus the hail

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...