Friday, September 20, 2013

Is it November Yet? - H54F Link Up

 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png

Lately, I have been trying to get my life back on track and counting down the days until this deployment is over. I have been passing my time with eating healthy, working out, running, and putting some finishing touches on our house. Work has also been consuming my life, but it is amazing to only work 4 days a week. With all of these things going on, I have been really bad at taking photos. But here is my High Five For Friday link up with Lauren Elizabeth!

1. Eating clean. I finally got back on the wagon and am only eating food that is good for me. I am making every meal and making sure that I am getting a nice balance of good food and the correct amount of calories in my body. I am already seeing differences in my body and I can't wait to see what next week will bring me. I am loving edamame as a side dish or just as a snack. 


2. On Wednesday, I treated myself to a new haircut and a manicure. Nothing feels better then having perfectly polished nails and amazing hair! I didn't do anything to crazy with my hair, I just got a trim in hopes that it will grow a little bit longer in the next month. 

3. Thursday, I finally went to the DMV to get my Colorado drivers license. So, it's official, I am now living in Colorado. I guess it's time to change my About Me page! 

4. I have been trying to fill my time at home and use my cable more often. I finally decided I would watch Army Wives and see what all of the hype is all about. I am hooked. At first I was frightened about my life as an army wife, but now I know that this show is as dramatized as it can get. If that's as bad as it gets I can handle it. But what I can't handle is watching the soldiers in the show be deployed. It hits a little to close to home and I have shed a tear or two watching this show. But I am eager to keep watching it. Joe said he is going to watch it too, so that he can let me know what is accurate and what is fake. 

5. It's officially less than 50 days until Joe is home!!! I am so excited, yet nervous at the same time. I have been trying to find things to keep myself busy to help the time go by. I have even painted the steps to go to our patio. This week, I have booked a photographer to be at Joe's homecoming to capture those special moments. I am really happy to be able to have someone there take photos that we will cherish forever.

Have a great weekend!! 


 Follow Me: BlogLovin / Twitter Instagram

3 comments:

  1. I love that you got a photographer for his homecoming, that is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Army Wives, but Thomas hated it. He said it's so fake and a lot of things wouldn't happen. Basically, he just likes to complain about it. I haven't watched the most recent season yet, but it was just added to Netflix!

    My biggest regret with Thomas' Homecoming was that I didn't have a photographer {we only took TWO horrible pictures once we got back to his barracks room} so I'm so happy you booked one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in the second season of Army Wives over in our house. They hit the emotions really well, but a lot of the facts aren't so real. And I think that they have every big deal that happens in the military and make it happen to that one group of friends. It is really addicting though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...