Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Our Date at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

Joe has been giving me prompts for my Wednesday posts and this week he wanted me to take a trip down memory lane and share our date to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo here in Colorado Springs. We went late last November and I loved it! I have always enjoyed a trip to the zoo and Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is one of the best zoos that I have ever been too.

The zoo set on the side of Cheyenne Mountain and is a very nicely put together. All of the animals are so close, you are only a few feet away from them and the exhibits are very informative. They have a wide range of animals everything from a family of gorillas (baby gorilla included), hippos, a moose, zebras, and every other animal you can think of. Like most zoos the animals are grouped together by region. It is a smaller zoo, but we spent at least a half of the day there.


The best part of the zoo is the giraffe exhibit. You can feed the giraffes! It was by far the highlight of the day. It is only $3 to get a handful of giraffe treats. There are over a dozen giraffes ready to be pet and fed. They are all so friendly and adorable. I am pretty sure  we  Joe spent over $30 on treats and I am pretty sure I used almost every single piece of leaf that we bought. I was practically hugging them while Joe was keeping his distance, as you can see in the pictures above. We went back to feed them 3 times! I had nothing but a huge smile on my face! Joe always knows how to make me smile. I am one lucky girl.


There is also a ski lift that takes you up to the top of the mountain to an amazing view. There is a rock climbing wall and other things for kids of all ages to enjoy! It was so nice to get to spend time with Joe just hanging around. I am loving looking back at what Joe and I have done and I can't wait to make new memories with him once he returns! He is coming home in less then 50 days, by the way!! I am so excited.


What is your favorite date activity?
Do you know of any Must See places in Colorado?

 Follow Me: BlogLovin / Twitter Instagram



6 comments:

  1. always fun to go to the zoo. I take it you like Giraffe's since that's the only animal I saw LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to the zoo! Looks like you had fun feeding the giraffe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this zoo. We used to feed the giraffes when I was younger. Their tongues seriously weird me out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you guys had a lot of fun! 50 days will pass by quick and you'll have him back in no time.

    A One Way Ticket to My World

    X❤X❤
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a great zoo!
    50 more days....hang in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...