- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Shallot
- 3 Limes
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Jalapeño
- Bring water to a boil and fully cook 1 cup of quinoa. I cooked the quinoa according to the package.
- In a small bowl mix a garlic paste ( I watched this YouTube Video to learn how to make garlic paste), diced jalapeño, and diced shallot, and lime juice into a bowl. This mixture will be your dressing.
- While quinoa is cooking start to cut the cucumber, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- Once the quinoa is fully cooked place it on a cookie sheet to cool.
- Once the quinoa is cooled mix the quinoa with the cut cucumber, bell pepper, and cilantro. Add 1/2 of your dressing. Make sure everything is mixed well. Add salt to taste.
- When you are ready to serve the salad, add slices of avocado to it wand top it off with some of the dressing.
This recipe was the perfect first attempt for me. It was so easy to make and had everything in it that I really enjoy. I have already made this a few times and I can't wait to try some more of the recipes that I have pinned.
Have you ever made anything from your Pinterest?
Follow me on Pinterest and I'll be sure to follow you back!