Saturday, July 13, 2013

Back on the Wagon!


The past two and a half weeks has been very tough, I have not been able to work out because of my eye surgery. But, I have been given the ok from my doctor and I am back at it. I couldn't be any more happier. I really did miss my workouts. It is amazing how quickly you can "fall off of the wagon"! In just that short amount of time, I was tired and making poor food choices. I would be in bed by 9 and sleep until 6:30. I didn't want to do anything.

Last night I debated on going for a run or just starting my running on Monday. I am only 7 weeks away from my race and I am very behind on my training. So, I decided it was in the best interest of my health that I just get up and go for a nice 3 mile run. I went for a run with Stevee around dusk and it felt amazing (Stevee felt otherwise)! For the first mile, we were able to maintain an under 8 minute per mile pace!!! We slowed down for the next two but I easily finish the 3 miles. After my run I went for a brisk 3 mile, uphill walk with my mom. 

This morning I woke up at 6:00 to meet a friend at a hiking trail at 7:00. We went on a great 2 hour hike. It was nice to catch up, talk about aviation, and get a good work out in. After the hike we went to a local breakfast place and I had an egg white omelette with avocado and tomatoes with a side a fruit. 

I think it's safe to say that I have caught up to the wagon and jumped back on!

What's you favorite weekend fitness activity?

Follow Me: BlogLovin / Twitter / Instagram

2 comments:

  1. that's awesome! congrats on getting back in the game! lately, our new favorite fitness activity is mountain biking (even though we are slightly lacking the whole mountain thing in texas, we have some pretty awesome and rather hilly trails around here, haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome. I have been wanting to get a bike! Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...