Saturday, July 20, 2013

Green Drinks Galore!

One of my favorite go-to healthy drinks are green drinks! I love that you can really make them whatever you want and, as an extra bonus, I always just put in the fruit and veggies that are about to go bad, so they really have been saving me money! This week I  went to my local farmers market and bought a ton of organic produce and organic kale was on sale!! Only $.99 a bunch! I know that they don't look the best, but they taste really good! There are many ways you can make them, but I just use a BlendTec Blender. 



Benefits of a Green Drink:
  • High in Fiber
  • Low in calories
  • Rich in vitamins 
  • A quick on the go meal
  • Good way to get all of your veggies in
  • Good meal anytime of the day ( I like to drink mine for breakfast or lunch)
  • Great use all of your left over veggies and fruits

My Favorite Green Drink:
  • 1 pear 
  • 1 banana 
  • 1 cup of spinach 
  • 1 cup of kale 
  • splash of orange juice 
  • dash of chia seeds 
  • dash of flaxseed
Mix in a blender and enjoy!

Dr. Oz Green Drink

Makes 3-4 servings (about 28-30 oz)
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 1/4 head of celery
  • 1/2 bunch parsley
  • 1 bunch mint
  • 3 carrots
  • 2 apples
  • 1/4 orange
  • 1/4 lime
  • 1/4 lemon
  • 1/4 pineapple

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Serve and enjoy!


Don't forget the seeds! Always add Flaxseed and Chia Seeds to my drinks. If I had to choose only one I would pick Chia Seeds. They add fiber, omega 3s and protein. 

Do you make Green Drinks?
What is your go-to Green Drink?







Follow Me: BlogLovin / Twitter / Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...