Friday, May 17, 2013

Deployment Wreath

I saw this wreath on Pinterest a while ago and I have wanted to make it ever since. I have decided that it would be a great gift for Joe's Family!

Here is what you need:

  • 3 yards of camo fabric - I bought mine from Joann's. If I was to do this again, I might consider fleece 
  • 1 wire wreath - The one I choose was 18", it didn't seem that big when I bought it, but I think 12" would have done just fine
  • 1 roll of yellow ribbon
  • 1 roll of American flag ribbon
  • Name Tape - I found a random site online that was able to make it in any color. I am sure that it would have been much easier to just get it on post somewhere
  • Craft wire - to attached everything to the wreath

Steps to making the wreath:
  1. Cut your fabric into 3/4"-1" x 8" strips. 
  2. Tie all of your strips onto the wire wreath - This will take up most of your time. I first started with 2 yards and the wreath didn't look as full as I liked. Keep tying the strips until you have reached your desired fullness. It may have took less fabric is I used fleece, but I believe fleece is more expensive. One pro to fleece is that it won't fray. 
  3. Make bows with the ribbon. 
  4. Use the craft wire to secure all of the pieces. 
Here is what my finished wreath looks like!

Overall this project was bigger then I thought it would be, but well worth the outcome. I think that may have been because I had no idea what I was doing. Now that I know what I need and how much material I need it will be easy to duplicate it. The overall cost of the project was around $30. I can't wait to try some more Military inspired crafts! Let me know if you have any questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...