Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 2 - My 1/2 Marathon training schedule

I am just starting week 2 of my training for the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon. I am training with my sister most of the days and Joe has also decided he will keep up with the training while he is in Afghanistan. I have put together a 5 days per week running schedule. When I trained for my first 1/2 marathon a few years ago, I didn't run as often, but my runs were longer. I am hoping that I can work on my speed/time with these short runs. Here is what I have come up with.



Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Week 1
Rest
3 Miles
3 Miles
3 Miles
Rest
3 Miles
4 Miles
Week 2
Rest
3 Miles
4 Miles
3 Miles
Rest
3 Miles
4 Miles
Week 3
Rest
3 Miles
4 Miles
3 Miles
Rest
3 Miles
5 Miles
Week 4
Rest
3 Miles
5 Miles
3 Miles
Rest
4 Miles
6 Miles
Week 5
Rest
4 Miles
5 Miles
4 Miles
Rest
3 Miles
7 Miles
Week 6
Rest
4 Miles
4 Miles
4 Miles
Rest
4 Miles
8 Miles
Week 7
Rest
4 Miles
6 Miles
4 Miles
Rest
4 Miles
9 Miles
Week 8
Rest
4 Miles
6 Miles
4 Miles
Rest
4 Miles
10 Miles
Week 9
Rest
4 Miles
6 Miles
4 Miles
Rest
3 Miles
11 Miles
Week 10
Rest
4 Miles
5 Miles
4 Miles
Rest
4 Miles
12 Miles
Week 11
Rest
4 Miles
5 Miles
4 Miles
Rest
3 Miles
6 Miles
Week 12
Rest
3 Miles
5 Miles
3 Miles
Rest
2 Miles
13.1 Miles
 


I am sure that I will not run all of these miles, I have a surgery and a few small trips coming up, but I am going to try my best to keep up with this schedule. I am also going to continue to go to Zumba and try to get a few days at the gym in as well. I am already seeing much better timing for my mile and I think that is because I am more physically fit. So far, my best mile is 8 minutes and 11 seconds. I really want to maintain a race pace of 8 minutes and 30 seconds per mile.  I am really looking forward to this race and running in general. The days are longer and the weather is beautiful. Now is such a great time to train.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...