Sunday, August 4, 2013

Life is better in the sky!


I was always that weird kid who knew exactly what I wanted to do when I grew up...kind of. At a very young age my eye has always been up in the sky. I think it was a combination of air shows and taking family vacations, that required me to go on a flight, that confirmed my passion for aviation.

At 16, I convinced my mom to let me learn to fly! I was also given the opportunity to job shadow a few people in the Navy that worked on the S-3 Viking. That year of exposure to aviation couldn't have come at a better time. It was right before I was going to go to college (my mom has ALWAYS told me that I was going to go to college. It was never an option and I am so thankful to her for that!) I quickly realized that being a pilot is fun, but I don't think I would have loved doing it as a career. After discussing this with my flight instructor he quickly suggested that I look into the college that he had just graduated from, it was THE university to go to for aviation. I went to that school and graduated with a degree in Aviation Business. I graduated from college at scary time for any college student. It was right when the economy tanked, but I am very blessed that I have been able to find jobs in my industry. 

Although I am not a pilot for my career, I have been lucky enough to have a ton of friends who are both student pilots and professional pilots. Every year I try to go on a few flights in small, single engine planes. It always reminds me why I LOVE what a do and why I am passionate about aviation. 

This past week, my sister set up a sunset flight with one our friend Josh. It was amazing, if you like to fly you really should do it at least once in your life. Sunset is the best time for a flight. Here are a few photos from our flight. 








Thank you Stevee and Josh for one last flight in LA! 

Have always known what you want to be?

Have you ever been flying in a small plane? 



3 comments:

  1. I love your life, because it's soooo much different than mine! I'll just live vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the total opposite of you haha! I have always been obsessed with the ocean. I'm a scuba diver and marine biologist! :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazing! I'd love to go on a small plane like that one day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...