Friday, August 16, 2013

I'm so thankful it's Friday!

This week has been so hectic. I'm still trying to get adjusted to life in Colorado, I've been struggling with the deployment, and I have started work at my new job!

1. Last Saturday Kaitlyn was kind enough to have Mal and I over for a BBQ and to watch some football (all though not much football watching had happened.) it was so nice to be able to meet other military families. Also, it's amazing how we all have so much in common. I'm happy that I have been able to meet these lovely bloggers in real life! 

2. It was my first day of work. I'm am officially a Denver International Airport Operations Team Member! I'm so blessed to be able to find a job in my industry and near Joe. 

3. On Wednesday I went to my first City of Denver company picnic. I meet the Blue Bear, meet a bunch of co-workers, eat free food, and watch some planes land. 

4. I have been exploring the airport all week with training and I got to ride in one of our firetrucks. 

5. It's finally Friday, this week has been very tough. We are finally less then 100 days until Joe comes home, but this week it feels like he is never going to come home. I have been feeling extra lonely for some reason. It also doesn't help that this new schedule is messing with our communication schedule. I have been very spoiled and I get to talk to him at least 2 times a day for as long as I need to. But now, I'm lucky if I talk to him for 5 mins a day. Even though its been very tough, I'm very happy that Joe has been super supportive through all of this. I know that we are making the best decision for us. Last night I was able to Skype him for 30 mins and it reminded me that I have an amazing man by my side and he makes me so happy. So I woke up this morning happy as can be. 

Have a great weekend! 


4 comments:

  1. hope you have a great weekend.

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a former Los Angelina too! Also have done long distance, though my guy wasn't military. I feel for you. Just found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember feeling so frustrated when my husband was able to talk and I couldn't (sleeping/class/whatever), but pretty soon you won't have to worry about that! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like you've gotten a handle on it for the most part, and your job sounds fun! Especially if you get free food ;D Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...